Tuesday 15 March 2011

Window Shopping

The Weekend: 

Well, so far so good. I've avoided the temptations of typing in 'topshop' and 'motel' into my browser bar although..
                                       I went to my boyfriends this weekend and on my way to the cinema I had to walk past the most beautiful shop window displays I had ever seen. I was told by a certain housemate that it was 'the second look' that was cheating. So I must admit to several extensive first looks at a couple of dresses- I even couldn't help staring into a men's suit shop. I think that I was hoping that a mannequin would jump through the glass like some celestial being and present me with free clothes - I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be against the rules. Anyway, after my window shopping experience the rules for my task have been slightly amended- I can look in shop windows otherwise I'd have to end up wearing blinkers- but no stopping and staring is to be permitted. 

Today:

Walking home from a lecture today I noticed that the blossom on the trees has started to emerge which instead of making me think 'spring is here' the first thought that popped into my head was that the summer ranges would soon be out in the shops. Gorgeous light, soft dresses, glistening sandals to complement that pedicure, sunglasses, ridiculous hats that you buy every year and never wear... bikinis!! I own about fifty bikinis and yet still I want more - I think I'm still looking for the style that somehow makes me look like a 6 foot bronzed supermodel goddess. I'm just hoping it doesn't get too warm before the term is out- my summer wardrobe is at home and I don't want to be forced into shopping- A woman cannot live in jumpers alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment